Saturday, March 6, 2010

I don't doubt it...

The message:
The person who doubts becomes a surging sea, driven and tossed by the wind. The one who doubts should not expect to receive the total blessings God has planned for them.
Derived from James 1:6-7

So I think this plays into the "food for thought" topic--believing IN God vs. believing GOD. If I believe there is a greater power of absolute goodness and Love (God to me) who I believe sets our standards of living, then I must see enough worth in Him to also believe what He says without doubt! I guess it would be a double standard not to do both.

With that said, I'm personally trying to use my tool-kit to approach my own life a little differently--a little better, more positive and open to receiving His blessings and directions. This lesson spoke volumes to me! I am a chronic doubter; therefore I'm so easily influenced by stress, people's attitudes, my own perceptions or paranoid fears.... So I have to ask myself: How many of His blessings in life have I been too distracted by doubt and control to notice or receive?

I guess I doubt because I'm trying to rely too much on myself and/or other humans to steer my life most of the time--rather than relying on Him to lead me. (It's that control issue again!) And humans are unreliable most often--and we know that! That's why we fear and doubt that our missions will succeed...because we're trying to steer it, and other people, to the goal. No wonder I get so friggin' frustrated! It would be so much better to play the games that He knows we're best at so that we're relying on the backing of His incredible power. Boy, that'd remove some doubt, eh? (That is if we truly believe him and the things he's promised us. Why IS it so hard to have pure, blind faith absent of any doubt, worry or fear??!?)

Of course this will be a habit I'll have to really work hard to break; but I BELIEVE that this message is His, therefore I must BELIEVE the message has great merit.


Thought to ponder...
If I intend to have an impact on others through my personal demonstration of "organic faith" (grass roots, straight from Him, without boundaries, church walls, race, age, status or past) then I must prove that my method is successful in revealing God's pure love for all people. So am I personally producing fruit, both inside and out, to suggest that "it works?"

My personal challenge:
I will do better to fully trust that He will provide an ideal path for me, and I will continue to check myself so that my "self" is removed and my heart is open to receiving even His most soft-spoken direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment