Saturday, March 6, 2010

I'm STARVING!!

A recent hunger for personal exploration of God’s messages have prompted me to create this blog. It’s really self-serving, I guess—because I’m truly thirsty for some healthy spiritual discussion; and I’m hoping that this may prompt some unique and intriguing conversations in the future!

So I’ve begun to read one of Beth Moore’s devotionals, “Believing God” (thanks, Mom)…and between the verses highlighted and her brief thoughts I’ve been spinning off into so much more…the Deep End.

So I’ve opened up my Bible and jumped in to some of the places I felt led to explore--and I thought, "Wow--THIS is the message! NOT "sermons", "Sunday school lessons", and "Wednesday night study." What I mean is....I think through the years of my education of God, the Word, the Message, and the Church, I became so used to hearing those words related to CHURCH-experiences (not GOD-experiences) that I forgot to look past my learned references to truly understand the message.

We have an awesome manual for life, a tool kit for survival and success, healthy living, and spiritual nourishment available to us! So I'd like to explore that with you--but with a foundation of crude honesty.

Some of what I say may not sit well with you; some of what I blurt out may open up new thoughts; some of what I feel may just be raw emotion. So remember that I’m a human being giving my off-the-cuff responses and thoughts on a topic in attempt to get to the root of my beliefs.

So here goes....

2 comments:

  1. I got your email a few weeks ago and I'm finally getting over here. I look forward to the discussion. This first post is great! I love Beth Moore, she's so much deeper than all those SS lessons, sermons, etc that you've heard your whole life. She challenges you to... like you said, go deeper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoohoo! I'm so happy to see some discussion taking place! I love it! It is so good, I think, that we open our hearts and minds to explore in faith--without fear. It's okay and very healthy, I believe, to break free from the boundaries that may exist from our "spiritual training" to go deep and discover what spiritual nourishment may be lying beneath the surface! :)

    ReplyDelete